I end up calling call centres a lot now-a-days because my Internet connection is about as reliable as a politician taking a stand on something.
When I call, I hear messages that I just don’t get. Here are a few:
- Your call is important to us. Please hold the line and a customer care executive will be with you shortly. (If the call is so important, then why isn’t the executive with me already? Coffee break?)
- Your approximate wait time is 3 minutes. (From when? When I called? Or when I heard this message?)
- Please leave your number with us. We will call you back within one hour. (I never get a call back. Should I take this personally?)
- We are experiencing extremely high call-volumes. Please call back later. (When? When? When should I call back?)
- The system is down for maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience. (This one I can understand sometimes. Systems do need maintenance.)
But, they all talk about being customer-centric.